Cutera excel V + Laser Genesis for collagen stimulation, the treatment of redness, pigmentation and scars
Cutera excel V+ Laser Genesis is now available at Skin Atelier Newcastle & Sydney. This latest generation laser technology for vascular and pigmentation treatments offers micropulse delivery of both 532nm and 1064nm wavelengths and is suitable for all skin types.
This technically advanced, non-ablative laser treatment helps stimulate collagen production, improves microvasculature of the skin and gently improves the appearance of scars. Improvements in wrinkles, pore size, skin texture, redness and scarring can be expected, with minimal to no downtime. This industry gold standard laser can be used to also treat acne and acne scarring.
How much is Laser Genesis – Treatment Price
- Treatments start from $100
- Visit the Skin Atelier Pricelist page for more information
How does excel V+ Laser Genesis work?
The device works by administering light energy that gently heats up the deeper layers of the skin which leads to collagen production and destroys enlarged and inflamed blood vessels, in turn reducing redness.
The depth and pulsing of Laser Genesis are the two design aspects of this laser that make it work so well. The depth (or wavelength) of Laser Genesis enables a deeper penetration to the dermal layer where collagen and elastin are produced. The deeper depth also enables all skin types to be treated in a safe and effective way. The heat from the light energy is what leads to the collagen production and break down of blood vessels, this heat is achieved without causing discomfort or damage to the epidermal layer of the skin by using pulses of the laser energy, which allows the skin moments to cool off in between each pulse. This enables a safe laser treatment suitable for all skin types.
What can Laser Genesis Help? – Treatment indications
- Fine lines
- Enlarged pores
- Diffuse redness
- Redness from Keratosis Pilaris
- Uneven skin tone
- Uneven skin texture
- Acne scarring
What are the benefits of excel V+ laser Genesis?
- Laser Genesis has little to no downtime, you can apply makeup straight after treatment and get on with your day.
- Laser Genesis is suitable for all skin Fitzpatrick types.
- Laser Genesis can treat multiple skin conditions.
- The treatment is quick and is not painful.
- Laser Genesis is ideal for vascular, pigmentation, scarring and anti-aging of the skin.
Am I the right candidate for excel V+ Laser Genesis?
If you are looking for an efficient, safe and reliable treatment with little to no downtime to help treat fine lines, wrinkles, uneven skin tone, pore size, scarring, vascular and pigmentation conditions
- You are in generally good health and are not undergoing treatment for skin cancer.
- You are not taking medication that makes you light-sensitive.
- You are not pregnant. Pregnancy hormones affect pigmentation in your skin, making treatments more likely to result in undesired side effects.
- You do not have SLE
- You have never had Gold therapy.
Laser Genesis Treatment
How do I prepare for my treatment?
- Avoid direct sun exposure to the area to be treated for at least a week prior.
- Use SPF 50 on the area to be treated for 4 weeks prior to treatment.
- Avoid deep peels and other laser treatments to the skin 4 weeks prior to treatment.
- Avoid all other skin treatments one week prior
- If possible, please arrive to your appointment makeup-free.
What can I expect during the treatment?
- The first step involves cleansing your skin. Then you will be given some goggles to put over your eyes to protect them from the laser.
- The nurse will treat the area with the laser. You will feel warmth over the area being treated.
- Once the treatment is completed, a post-treatment cream is applied
- Makeup can be applied immediately after treatment.
How many treatments will I need?
Depending on what we are treating depends on the number of treatments required. We recommend a minimum of 3 treatments, each treatment one month apart. Once you are at the point where you are happy with the results we recommend maintenance treatments every 3-6 months.
- Avoid sun exposure to the area for a week (so SPF 50 and a hat every time you are outside please)
- Avoid any other laser treatments for at least 4 weeks.
- Avoid any other skin treatments for at least one week,
- Avoid skincare with active ingredients (including Vitamin C, Retinol and Glycolic or lactic acid) and exfoliating treatments for 72 hours post-procedure.
- You may put a cool compress on your face it is feeling warm.
- Avoid high-intensity exercise, hot baths and any heat-inducing activities for the first 24 hours after treatment.
What can I expect following treatment?
Your skin will be slightly pink which will settle over the coming hours. Your skin may feel mildly warm for an hour after treatment.
The following are some of the side effects that you may experience after excel V+ Laser Genesis – Warmth, Redness and Mild Swelling
excel V+ Laser Genesis Recovery
Laser Genesis has little to no downtime, so recovery usually takes a matter of hours if you have any pinkness to the skin post treatment.
Results of excel V+ Laser Genesis
The number of sessions required for excel V+ Laser Genesis varies depending on what is being treated. Excel V+ Laser Genesis works by heating up the dermal layer of the skin to increase collagen production and reduce blood vessels that cause redness. Whilst your skin will look plump and radiant after each treatment most people notice a constant noticeable improvement in their skin after the second or third treatment (when done one month apart).
The results last up to 18 months and your home care regime and lifestyle factors play a big part in how long your results will last. UV light from sun exposure causes a breakdown of collagen and capillaries to break leading to increased ageing of the skin. 90% of skin ageing is caused by the UV of the sun. We recommend using an SPF 50 on your face every day of the year.
FAQs – Questions about excel V + Laser Genesis
Does excel V+ Laser Genesis treatment make you look younger?
- Yes, excel V+ Laser Genesis can help make you look younger by improving the quality and tone of your skin, reducing the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, pigment and diffuse redness.
Does excel V+ Laser Genesis work for reducing wrinkles?
- Yes, excel V+ Laser Genesis can help minimize the look of wrinkles, improve skin texture and reduce open pores. Laser Genesis heats the dermal layer of the skin where collagen is made. This stimulates a collagen response leading to smoother skin and reduced appearance of wrinkles.
Can I get excel V+ Laser Genesis treatment done if I am pregnant?
- Pregnancy hormones affect pigmentation in your skin, making laser treatments more likely to result in undesired side effects. So, unfortunately, no this isn’t the treatment for you if you are pregnant.
Does excel V+ Laser Genesis tighten skin?
- Yes, Laser Genesis can improve the elasticity and thickness of your skin that makes it appear tighter and younger. The heat distributed into the dermas stimulates fibroblast cell activity which increases elastin in your skin.
Does excel V+ Laser Genesis really work?
- Cutera is a global pioneer that engineers the highest level of performance and innovation within the cosmetic & aesthetic laser equipment field. Yes, excel V+ Laser Genesis works for many skin indications and is currently one of the leading vascular lasers in the aesthetic space worldwide and leads to outstanding results.
How long does it take for excel V+ Laser Genesis to work?
- Your skin will look plump and radiant after your first treatment and most people observe a constant noticeable improvement in their skin after the second or third treatment (when done one month apart).
How long do results last?
- The results from excel V+ Laser Genesis can last up to 18 months (especially with excellent protection from sun exposure).
How many Excel V+ Laser Genesis treatments are needed for the face?
- Most people need more than 3 Laser Genesis treatment sessions depending on what is being treated on the face.
How painful is Genesis treatment?
- Most clients report feeling a relaxing warmth. The smart pulse design of excel V+ Laser Genesis provides a safe and comfortable treatment. One client described Laser Genesis like warm rain.
What are the benefits of excel V+ Laser Genesis?
- Excel V+ Laser Genesis has little to no downtime, you can apply makeup straight after treatment and get on with your day. It is suitable for all skin Fitzpatrick types and can treat multiple indications. Excel V+ Laser Genesis is a quick and comfortable treatment. Excel V+ Laser Genesis is the latest generation in laser technology for fine lines, wrinkles, enlarged pores, vascular and pigmentation.
Does excel V+ Laser hurt?
- Most clients report feeling a relaxing warm sensation during Laser Genesis, with one person describing it as being like warm rain. The pulsing design of excel V+ Laser Genesis ensures a comfortable, safe and effective treatment.
What are the side effects of excel V+ Laser Genesis?
- Undergoing laser Genesis treatment can produce the following side effects: Redness, Mild short-lived Swelling and Warmth to the skin similar. Most of these side effects are temporary and will resolve on their own after a few hours.
Which is better IPL/BBL or excel V+ Laser Genesis?
- Intense pulsed light (IPL) therapy & BBL (Broad Band Light) is a light treatment not a laser and only treats the superficial epidermal layer of the skin. It is not recommended for all Fitzpatrick skin types. Excel V+ Laser Genesis is a laser with a dual wavelength to enable more precise treatment options and enables us to treat darker skin types more safely.
Can excel V+ Laser Genesis treat rosacea?
- Not only can excelV+ Laser Genesis treat Rosacea (persistent facial redness) by delivering pulses of light to collapse the tiny red blood vessels in your face, it is one of the leading lasers currently available to do so. Once destroyed, the vessels will be then reabsorbed and eliminated by your body. Over time, you will notice a significant reduction in flushing and redness in the treated area.
How long does redness last after laser treatment?
- You should expect that any redness will start to fade over the coming hours and in most cases be completely gone by 12 hours.
What is the best laser for broken capillaries?
- The excel V + CoolView excels in treating broken capillaries. It works by delivering a concentrated beam of light in the target area that heats the blood vessels without causing damage to the nearby skin structures. In most cases, 1 to 2 treatments are enough to reduce the appearance of broken capillaries.
What is the best laser treatment for the face?
- The best laser treatment for your face will depend on your skin concern and the results you want to achieve.
Does the excel V + Laser Genesis build collagen?
- Yes, the heat coming from the laser light causes increased collagen production in the dermal layer of the skin. Since collagen is responsible for maintaining the structures of your skin, the treated area can appear smoother, tighter, and rejuvenated.
Does the treatment help improve the appearance of wrinkles?
- Yes, the heat coming from the laser light causes increased collagen production in the dermal layer of the skin, which stimulates increased production of collagen in the treated area. As a result, the appearance of wrinkles, fine lines, and other signs of skin ageing are reduced. With sufficient amounts of collagen, the appearance of the treated area will continue to improve over time.
What kind of laser is excel V+?
- The excel V+ laser is a non-ablative laser, which means that it addresses a broad range of skin conditions by using the heat from the laser to induce collagen production without removing any of the epidermal layer of the skin.
Meet our Skin Atelier Nurses & Injecting team
Nurse Emily – Injecting Nurse – Newcastle NSW
Nurse Janelle – Injecting Nurse – Dee Why – Sydney NSW
Nurse Stephanie – Injecting Nurse – Newcastle NSW
Start with a skin or injectables facial consultation and start on your rejuvenation or anti-aging plan. – Book today!