Cutera excel V+ CoolView Laser for treatment of Veins, Redness and Pigmentation
The latest generation laser technology for skin concerns, vascular and pigmentation treatments is now available at Skin Atelier by Dr Turner in Newcastle. If you suffer from unsightly veins, redness or skin pigmentation, this new Coolview laser treatment can help.
How does the excel V+ CoolView work?
- excel V+ CoolView works by administering light energy that seeks out and destroys a target also known as a chromophore. Excel V works by administering a unique high-power green laser that is absorbed by the chromophores (or targets) of melanin and oxyhemoglobin. The dual wavelengths of 532nm and 1064nm enable us to choose the correct wavelength, to selectively treat pigmentation or vascular targets without causing damage to normal skin structures.
- When treating vascular conditions, the laser heats up abnormal vessels causing the vessel wall to collapse, and seal shut destroying unwanted capillaries and veins. When treating pigmentation, the pigment absorbs the light causing the pigment to be destroyed, more superficial pigment will come up to the surface of the skin and flake off over the coming days, whilst deeper pigment will lighten with each treatment.
What kind of laser is excel V+?
- The excel V+ laser is a non-ablative laser, which means that it addresses a broad range of skin conditions by using the heat from the laser to induce collagen production without removing any of the epidermal layer of the skin.
- Excel V+ CoolView delivers the power, precision, and performance to treat a range of indications including challenging vascular and pigment conditions. Two clinically proven wavelengths, a changeable spot size (2 – 16 mm), and higher energy, increases treatment capabilities. CoolView’s integrated sapphire contact cooling, enables delivery of safe and consistent results with a high level of comfort.
How can the Coolview laser help?
The Coolview laser can be used to treat skin conditions such as
- Diffuse redness
- Broken capillaries
- Spider veins
- Leg veins
- Redness from Keratosis Pilaris
- Venus lakes
- Cherry Angiomas
- Solar Lentigines (liver spots)
- Uneven skin tone
- Uneven skin texture
- Birth Marks
Coolview Treatment Price Cost
- Coolview Treatments are available From $150
Benefits of excel V+ CoolView
- CoolView has little to no downtime, you can apply makeup straight after treatment and get on with your day.
- CoolView is suitable for all skin Fitzpatrick types.
- CoolView can treat multiple skin conditions.
- CoolView is quick and does not require numbing cream application prior to treatment.
- CoolView can show immediate results when treating broken capillaries and spider veins.
- CoolView is the latest generation in laser technology for vascular and pigmentation treatments.
What are the benefits of CoolView Treatment?
Excel V+ CoolView has little to no downtime, you can apply makeup straight after treatment and get on with your day. It is suitable for all skin Fitzpatrick types and can treat multiple indications. Excel V+ CoolView is quick and does not require numbing cream application prior to treatment. Excel V+ CoolView shows immediate results when treating broken capillaries and spider veins. Excel V+ CoolView is the latest generation in laser technology for vascular and pigmentation treatments.
Am I a candidate for excel V+ CoolView treatment?
You are looking for an efficient, safe and reliable treatment with little to no downtime to help treat vascular and pigmentation conditions
- You are in generally good health and are not undergoing treatment for skin cancer.
- You are not taking medication that makes you light sensitive.
- You are not pregnant. Pregnancy hormones affect pigmentation in your skin, making treatments more likely to result in undesired side effects.
- You do not have SLE
- You have never had Gold therapy.
About the Coolview Laser Treatment
How do I prepare for my treatment?
- Avoid sun exposure to the area to be treated for at least a week prior.
- Use SPF 50 on the area to be treated for 4 weeks prior to treatment.
- Some skin types require the use of lightening cream for 2-4 weeks prior to treatment to prepare the skin. This will be discussed at your consultation.
- Avoid deep peels and other laser treatment to the skin 4 weeks prior to treatment.
- Avoid all other skin treatments one week prior
- If possible, please arrive to your appointment makeup free.
What can I expect during the treatment?
- The first step involves cleansing your skin. Then you will be given some goggles to put over your eyes to protect them from the laser.
- The nurse will use a cooling gel that will be applied to the area being treated.
- The nurse will treat the area with the laser. You will feel a warm flick with each pulse.
- Once the treatment is completed, the cooling gel is removed, and a post treatment cream is applied. If you feel warm a cool compress can be used for a few minutes for comfort.
- Makeup can be applied immediately after treatment.
What can I expect following treatment?
- The skin will be red and there will possibly be some small areas of darker pigmentation. Any redness will settle over the coming hours. When treating broken capillaries, they may go darker before they disappear. When treating pigmentation, for example freckles, the pigment will go darker before it goes away or lightens. This process can take a few days up to one week. Your skin may feel warm like a mild sunburn for an hour afterwards.
- The following are side effects that you may experience post excel V+ CoolView – temporary skin discolouration, Itching, warmth, Redness and Swelling
How many treatments will I need?
- Depending on what we are treating depends on the number of treatments required. When treating diffuse, redness, rosacea and general vascular treatments we recommend 3 treatments. When treating broken capillaries, in most cases 1-2 treatments is required. When treating pigmentation depending on the type of pigmentation we are treating 1-3 treatments are required.
How many Excel V+ CoolView treatments are needed for the face?
- Most patients need from 1 to 3 sessions depending on what is being treated.
Results of excel V+ CoolView
The number of sessions required for excel V+ CoolView varies from one to six depending on what is being treated. Excel V+ CoolView works by targeting and destroying unwanted capillaries, vessels and pigmentation. You should expect to start seeing results within days of your treatment. Excel V+ CoolView can make your skin tone appear more even, your skin tighter and smoother.
The results last up to 18 months and your home care regime and lifestyle factors play a big part in how long your results will last. UV light from sun exposure causes pigmentation to darken and capillaries to break leading to increased redness. In fact 90% of skin ageing is caused by the UV of the sun. We recommend using an SPF 50 on your face every day of the year.
How long do results from excel V+ CoolView last?
- The results from excel V+ CoolView can last up to 18 months (especially with excellent protection from sun exposure).
How long does it take for excel V+ CoolView to work?
- Results when treating broken capillaries and spider veins can be seen almost immediately with diffuse redness conditions and pigmentation conditions improving within days to weeks.
Recovery after excel V+ CoolView
If you follow all the post-care instructions provided to you by your nurse, your recovery should take 1 to 7 days (depending on the indication being treated).
You will experience some redness and enhanced pigmentation within the first week of treatment. Redness will usually settle in the first 12-24 hours and the majority of people will find any increased pigment spots are gone by 7 days post-treatment. Your skin will feel warm for an hour post-treatment. If you experience any slight edema, this will calm down over the first 24-48 hours following treatment.
Post-treatment care protocol
- Avoid sun exposure to the area for a week (so SPF 50 and a hat every time you are outside please)
- Avoid any other laser treatments for at least 4 weeks.
- Avoid any other skin treatments for at least one week,
- Avoid skin care with active ingredients (including Vitamin C, Retinol and Glycolic or lactic acid) and exfoliating treatments for 72 hours post procedure.
- You may put a cool compress on your face it is feeling warm.
- Do not pick at any pigment that is coming up from the treatment, let is come off in its own time.
- Avoid high intensity exercise, hot baths and any heat inducing activities for the first 24 hours after treatment.
How long does redness last after Coolview laser treatment?
- You should expect that the redness will start to fade over the coming hours and in most cases be completely resolved by 24 hours. Cool compresses applied to the treatment site can assist with accelerating this process.
Concerns, Risks and Complications of Coolview
Does excel V+ CoolView hurt?
- Some clients may feel a little discomfort similar to a warm flick. excel V+ CoolView has a smart cooling system with superior contact cooling which delivers cooling before, during and immediately after each pulse making treatments, effective, safe and comfortable.
How painful is excel V+ CoolView treatment?
Some clients may feel a little discomfort similar to a warm flick. Excel V+ CoolView has a smart cooling system with superior contact cooling which delivers cooling before, during and immediately after each pulse making treatments, effective, safe and comfortable. Any discomfort is typically short-lived.
Can I get excel V+ CoolView treatment done if I am pregnant?
Pregnancy hormones can affect pigmentation in your skin, making laser treatments more likely to result in undesired side effects. So this isn’t the treatment for you if you are pregnant.
What are the potential risks of excel V+ CoolView treatment?
Undergoing laser treatment can produce the following side effects:
- Changes in skin colour
- Warmth to the skin similar to a mild sunburn
Most of these side effects are temporary and will resolve on their own after a few days without any special care needed.
FAQs – Questions about a ExcelV + CoolView
Does excel V+ CoolView treatment make you look younger?
- Yes, excel V+ CoolView can help make you look younger by improving the quality and tone of your skin, reducing the appearance of pigmented spots, diffuse redness and broken capillaries all associated with ageing.
Does excel V+ CoolView work for reducing wrinkles?
- Yes, excel V+ CoolView can help minimize the look of wrinkles, improve skin texture and reduce open pores. Whilst CoolView is primarily a treatment for skin tone (redness and pigmentation) there is still an element of heat distributed into the dermal layer of the skin where collagen is made. This stimulates a collagen response leading to smoother skin and reduced appearance of wrinkles.
Does excel V+ CoolView tighten skin?
- Yes, CoolView can improve the elasticity and thickness of your skin that makes it appear tighter and younger. Any heat distributed into the dermas stimulates fibroblast cell activity which can increase elastin in your skin.
Does Excel V help improve the appearance of wrinkles?
- Yes, the heat coming from the laser light causes increased collagen production in the dermal layer of the skin, which stimulates increased production of collagen in the treated area. As a result, the appearance of wrinkles, fine lines, and other signs of skin ageing are reduced. With sufficient amounts of collagen, the appearance of the treated area will continue to improve over time.
Can excel V+ CoolView treat rosacea?
- Not only can excelV+ treat Rosacea (persistent facial redness) by delivering pulses of light to collapse the visible, tiny red blood vessels in your face, it is one of the leading lasers currently available to do so. Once destroyed, the vessels will be then reabsorbed and eliminated by your body. Over time, you will notice a significant reduction in flushing and redness in the treated area.
Do broken capillaries come back after treatment?
- Once a vessel is treated and collapsed, that treated vessel will not return. In rare cases, the capillaries can return if the laser fails to seal a vein completely which allows blood to gradually flow again within the treated vein. This is why in some instances a second treatment is required. If you are prone to broken capillaries eventually your body will make more and we find most people may need treatment every one to two years to stay on top of this.
What is the best laser for broken capillaries?
- The excel V + CoolView excels in treating broken capillaries. It works by delivering a concentrated beam of light in the target area that heats the blood vessels without causing damage to the nearby skin structures. In most cases, 1 to 2 treatments are enough to reduce the appearance of broken capillaries.
Does Excel V+ CoolView build collagen?
- Yes, the heat coming from the laser light causes increased collagen production in the dermal layer of the skin. Since collagen is responsible for maintaining the structures of your skin, the treated area can appear smoother, tighter, and rejuvenated.
Other Treatment Options
Which is better IPL/BBL or excel V+ CoolView?
- Intense pulsed light (IPL) therapy & BBL (Broad Band Light) is a light treatment not a laser and only treats the superficial epidermal layer of the skin. It is not recommended for all Fitzpatrick skin types. Excel V+ CoolView is a laser with a dual wavelength to enable more precise treatment options and enables us to treat darker skin types more safely.
Meet our Skin Atelier Nurses & Injecting team
Nurse Emily – Injecting Nurse – Newcastle NSW
Nurse Janelle – Injecting Nurse – Dee Why – Sydney NSW
Nurse Stephanie – Injecting Nurse – Newcastle NSW
Start with a skin or injectables facial consultation and start on your rejuvenation or anti-aging plan. – Book today!