PRP Platelet Rich Plasma Treatment for Face & Skin Rejuvenation in Newcastle
Want to rejuvenate your face? Skin Atelier now offers PRP Facial Treatments in Newcastle and Sydney. Platelet-rich plasma (PRP) Treatment or a Vampire Facial is a popular non-surgical facial treatment that can improve the look and feel of your skin. The procedure involves injecting your skin with your own concentrated plasma multiple times during the session.
Your own blood plasma contains PDGF, VEGF, TGF, and other bioactive proteins that help with skin rejuvenation. This plasma can stimulate collagen production, cell migration and eliminate fine lines & wrinkles, while making skin tighter. Results are typically long-lasting and can improve your skin for up to 2 years. Using your own blood as the source for PRP reduces the risk of an allergic reaction and can help get better results.
Download our 2021 Cosmetic Injectables Guide
Benefits of Platelet Rich Plasma Facial
Here are the top benefits of Platelet Rich Plasma Therapy:
- PRP can stimulate elastin and collagen production that tightens the skin and reduces the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines
- PRP can works wonders for eliminating darkness under the eyes and helps with wrinkles in the delicate under-eye area
- PRP is a natural alternative to other types of cosmetic injectables like dermal filler. PRP stimulates the production of collagen and improves skin texture
- The treatment is considered safe and does not have any major side effects. It has also been used for various healing properties.
- A PRP facial can improve your skin texture and makes your skin appear plump, glowy and healthier.
- PRP also fights against uneven skin tone and patchy skin.
- The results of the treatment typically last for more than 18 months and can be redone as needed.
Am I the Right Candidate for PRP Facial?
Criteria for a good candidate for PRP therapy
- You have some visible signs of ageing such as wrinkles, fine lines, hyperpigmentation, scars, uneven skin tone, and more and are looking for a non-surgical, natural treatment.
- You are in generally good health and do not have any obvious illnesses or blood-related illnesses such as infections, cancer, or any other disease.
- You do not smoke or drink or can quit it for an extended time
- You are not taking Corticosteroid Injections or NSAIDs. It can cause complications with the treatment.
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding, it is not the right time to get the treatment.
How to Prepare for PRP Facial Treatment
Here is how you can prepare for a PRP Facial Treatment:
- It is best to take a day off as your face will be fairly red after the procedure.
- Get all the tests done required by your Nurse clinician
- Avoid consuming any pills and drugs without prescription for at least 20 days before the procedure.
- Aim at keeping your body hydrated before getting the treatment done.
- Avoid getting any other facial treatments done a week before the treatment.
About the PRP Facial Procedure
Here is the process of a PRP Facial procedure:
- The first step involves cleaning your skin to get rid of any dirt and makeup. Then, a numbing cream will be applied to the face 15 minutes before starting the procedure.
- The next step involves taking some of your blood. With the help of a needle, the nurse will extract a small amount of blood that will be used for the treatment.
- The blood extracted from your body cannot be directly injected into your face. Hence, this step involves centrifuging the blood. Centrifuging the blood separates the platelet-rich plasma from red and white blood cells.
- The plasma is removed from the vial and added to the injection needles.
- The process of injecting PRP begins. You won’t feel a thing during the procedure because of the numbing cream. Moreover, the injections penetrate the top layers of the skin only.
- The process is repeated till it covers your entire face. The areas which need more attention are injected multiple times to bring about the desired results. Injecting the skin creates small controlled traumas that lead to skin generation and accelerates the production of elastin and collagen.
- Once the injections are administered, the nurse will apply a vitamin-rich hyaluronic acid to the skin. It calms it down and soothes the skin. Some clinicians follow it up with ice.
- The treatment is finished off with an LED Facial that kick starts the healing process and helps your skin heal faster.
PRP Facial Post Care
tips for best results from PRP:
- Avoid touching your skin for at least 6 to 8 hours after the treatment.
- Do not wash your face within 24 hours after the treatment. You can use lukewarm water to wash your face the next morning. Avoid using cleansers for at least three days.
- Avoid rubbing your skin while washing your face or with a towel. Always pat dry to avoid irritating your skin.
- It is best to not take any anti-inflammatory medication for the first 24 to 48 hours without consulting your doctor.
- An ice pack can help minimize swelling and discomfort. Make sure you wrap the ice in a towel and use it for a few minutes at a time. Take special care and don’t ice burn yourself.
- Do not opt for any exfoliating treatments for at least 7 days after the treatment.
- Avoid any other facial treatments for a week after the treatment.
What should I avoid after PRP facial?
Here are a few things to avoid doing after PRP:
- Do not wash your face for 5 to 12 hours after the PRP.
- Do not expose your skin to direct sunlight and heat.
- Avoid engaging in any activities that will alter the temperature of your body.
- Avoid using makeup immediately after the treatment.
- Do not use any skincare products within 24 hours after the treatment.
- Avoid getting any other facial treatments for at least a week after the PRP facial.
PRP Facial Recovery
If you follow all the instructions given by your nurse, your recovery will take 2 to 7 days. You will experience some redness and bruising within the first week of the surgery. Your skin will feel tender and raw. Swelling will calm down in about 5 days after the treatment. The redness will settle down within a few days and you will start seeing results within one week.
Results of PRP Facial
The number of sessions for Platelet Rich Plasma Therapy varies from three to six. Once all the sessions of the treatment are completed, you will see your skin transform within 2 months after the last session. Your skin appears visibly smoother, tighter, wrinkle-free, and more even-toned.
The results last for at least 18 months. After that, you can always get the treatment redone.
PRP FAQs – Questions about a PRP Facial
Here is a list of Frequently Asked Questions we get regarding Platelet Rich Plasma Facial:
Does PRP make you look younger?
- Yes, PRP helps make you look younger by improving the quality and elasticity of your skin. It is also a great preventative measure to preserve your youthful looks and improve the overall health of your skin.
Does PRP improve dark circles?
- Yes, it can help minimize the look of dark circles. The plasma contains valuable collagen and important nutrients that help with the darkness under the eyes.
Does PRP really work for wrinkles?
- Yes, it helps minimize the look of wrinkles, skin texture and open pores. All in all, it improves skin elasticity and makes you appear youthful. It is a very natural treatment that involves your own blood instead of artificial injectables.
Can I get PRP done if I am pregnant?
- No, PRP Facial is not recommended if you are pregnant or lactating. It is best to wait a bit and get it done at a later time.
Does PRP really work?
- Yes, PRP Therapy works wonders for both skin and hair. Moreover, it uses the patient’s own blood so there are no side effects involved.
Can you walk after PRP injection?
You can walk immediately after getting a PRP injections in your face.
Does PRP remove dark circles?
Yes, PRP helps to minimize the look of dark circles.
Does PRP tighten skin?
Yes, PRP improves the elasticity and thickness of your skin that makes it appear tighter and younger.
Does vampire facial really work?
- Vampire Facial aka PRP therapy works wonders for your skin. It minimizes the look of dark circles, uneven skin tone and tackles the signs of aging.
Does a vampire facial tighten skin?
- Yes, vampire facial tightens the skin, minimizes the look of fine lines/wrinkles, pores and uneven skin tone.
How long does it take for PRP to work on face?
- Most patients start seeing results in as little as one week. Complete results can be observed in about two months’ time frame.
How long does PRP last?
- The results of PRP treatment can last up to 18 months.
How many mesotherapy sessions are needed for the face?
The number of mesotherapy sessions for the face can vary from three to fifteen based on your aesthetic goals and the condition of your skin.
How many PRP treatments are needed for the face?
- Most patients need about 3 to 6 sessions of PRP to achieve desired results.
How painful is a PRP injection?
- PRP injections are not painful. If anything, they are mildly uncomfortable.
How soon does PRP start working?
- Most patients start to see results within the first week after their first session. Complete results can be seen within 2 to 3 months of your last PRP session.
Is plasma good for skin?
- Plasma stimulates collagen and elastin production which makes your skin look youthful, hydrated, plump and fabulous.
Is PRP better than Botox?
- These two are entirely different treatments done to achieve different results. Botox relaxes the underlying muscles and PRP promotes collagen production and makes it more elastic. Both of these are amazing treatments in their own right.
Is PRP better than filler?
- PRP uses your blood to better the condition of the skin. On the other hand, fillers work by filling out hollow areas and add volume to your face. Both are amazing treatments and the right one for you depends on the outcome you are looking for.
Is PRP good for under eyes?
- Yes, PRP works wonders for dark circles and fine lines around the eyes.
What are the benefits of PRP facial?
- Following are the top benefits of PRP Facial: Increased collagen production, Minimizes fine lines and wrinkles, Gives you a tight and firm skin, Improves skin tone and texture, Improves moisture retention, Makes the skin look and feel younger and Minimizes patchy skin
What do you look like after a vampire facial?
- Your skin appears really red after the vampire facial. Some people also get a little bit of bruising but both these side effects don’t linger for long.
What is PRP for under eyes?
- PRP under the eyes reduces the appearance of dark circles and minimizes fine lines and wrinkles.
When do you see results after PRP?
- You can start seeing results within one week after the treatment. Complete results are visible within 2 to 3 months after the last session of PRP.
Which is better PRP or micro-needling?
- Both are great treatments in their own right. Which one to choose depends on your skin conditions, problems and aesthetic goals. Some cosmetologists use a combination of both these treatments to achieve desired results.
Who should not get PRP?
- PRP is not an ideal treatment for people who are struggling with any blood disorders; infection, metallic disease, and skin diseases. Moreover, if you are pregnant or lactating, this facial is not for you.
Why is PRP good for skin?
- PRP stimulates collagen and elastin production which makes your skin firmer, even-toned, and eliminates fine lines and wrinkles. Within a few sessions, you can see a drastic difference in the appearance of your skin.
Are Vampire Facial and PRP the same?
- Yes, PRP and Vampire facial are the two different names for the same treatment. Vampire facial is a special marketing term used for platelet-rich plasma facial.
Meet our Skin Atelier Nurses & Injecting team
Nurse Emily – Injecting Nurse – Newcastle NSW
Nurse Janelle – Injecting Nurse – Dee Why – Sydney NSW
Nurse Stephanie – Injecting Nurse – Newcastle NSW
Start with a skin or injectables facial consultation and start on your rejuvenation or anti-aging plan. – Book today!